Is Keflex better than Flagyl in the treatment of intestinal parasite infestation?

hello, i have gi distress. loose bowls, urgent need to have bowl movement,but just 1/day, tenderness in stomach area, gas. had stools checked for bact, ova and parasites, test came back clear. I previously used keflex for a skin surgery site and my symtoms completly went way 2 days after medication started and lasted about 10 days after finishing keflex. my dr. wont prescibe kefle but wants me to take flagl. I would rather try keflex again for a longer treatment your thoughts? thank youperiod.my name is rodger.
Tue, 5 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

If no organisms detected in the tests, then it may not be due to the infection. In that case, no need to take any antibiotic or antifiungal or antiprotozoa drugs. In my opinion, try to change the diet. Take very light diet, i.e. take semi solid diet. Moreover, passing stools three to four times in a day is normal and it is not related to any diseases. Once you finish a course of medicine, there is no need to take your medicine anymore.

Hope I have answered your query, let me know if I can assist you further.