• question-icon

Is Deviry advisable during conception?

My Wife is trying to concive from last 6 months. Doctor suggested for fol123. This month the date of period was 6th october. After 5 days she test her pregnancy but the result shown her negative. Consult with a gyno. The doctor prescribed Deviry 10mg for 5 days. Is this medicine save if she is pregnant?
Thu, 28 Feb 2019

Deviry is a hormonal pill which is used in irregular menstruation as it induces menstruation.

The medicine is adviced by your doctor considering all the effects and it is safe if your wife has taken it even if she is pregnant and as you said the pregnancy test came negative so do not worry.

Follow your doctor’s advice on taking the medicine and once she finishes the dose visit the doctor. So you can continue the medicine without worrying.

Just make sure your wife takes it as per your doctor’s advice.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Manisha Auradkar, General & Family Physician