Is CBD effective in the treatment of pain due to arthritis?

I have arthritis and a back issue and was wondering if cbd might work and help with the pain. I have been reading reports on how it helped so many people with there pain. I am a 84 year man who is recovering from a bowel blockage in which they removed about 3 feet of my small intestine out and don t have a bag on. I had to have emergency surgery in November of 2017.
Fri, 26 Oct 2018
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

There is very little active ingredient in the CBD oil that is legally available. There is other cannabis edibles for which the pain effect is probably there, but difficult to evaluate.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Matt Wachsman,
Addiction Medicine Specialist