I went with my husband to see our GP, regarding

I went with my husband to see our GP, regarding my mood and struggles between days 15-28 of my monthly cycle when everything becomes quite blurry and I become depressed and anxious. The GP recommended Citalopram between days 15-28 of my cycle. After a lot of consideration, i have accepted a prescription.

My question is regarding the medication.
Isn’t this pill going to make me feel worse?

I am very concerned about the side-effects and withdrawal symptoms, specifically because I will be taking them for two weeks and stopping them all of a sudden for another two weeks.
I have never taken this kind of medication before, and in all honesty, i’d prefer to continue doing so. What is your advice, please?
Tue, 9 Oct 2018