I was diabetic, how can I change my eating habits ?

I'm 25 and i found out last january i was diabetic, I love sweets how can i change my eating habits ? I dont take insulin i m prescribed with pills , and by sweets I dont mean i eat a whole cake alone lol,, a bag of m m s or hershey bar everyother day but i am hooked on Ice T and pepsi and i drink that everyday once i feel my mouth get real dry and i get real sleepy I drink water. so thats my weakness.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

Ice Tea and Pepsi are not a better choice of drinks for Diabetes. You should change your favourites, you can drink any amount of milk less tea, water, fruit juices without sugar in it whenever you feel dry in the mouth. Remember to cut down the size or quantity of the sweets that you are saying about.