I want to know about Post natal illness

Hi I am 26 years old. I have questions related to my illness developed after delivery. can u assist me resolve

Fri, 24 Feb 2012
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

Yes please go ahead and I shall solve

Hi doctor, I have a history of depression and use Prozac or its generic in my twenties but stopped in my thirties. Then I became quite depressed after my first child and used Serdep for a period of time. After 2 years I stopped using it and felt great up until recently, (I used Vitality from Nu Skin and it worked) but the last few weeks I have been considering starting again because of my state of mind lately. We are also planning a second child soon and I want to know what can I use that is safe during pregnancy, because Vitality is not recommended? I am 40 already so time is running out for me to have another baby but I am so scared of post natal depression and the sleep deprivation that I had with my first. I feel I don t even have enough energy to get out of the bed sometimes let alone take care of a toddler of 3 and a baby. Please help! Thank you, Cecile

my sister is in hospital for severe post natal depression . her daughter is 8 months old (tomorrow). I know she has been cutting herself quite deeply but has neevr harmed her daughter. she is now in a hospital tha allows her to have the daughter with her, but her condition is getting worse. she now cannot or will not eat anything. she even struggles to read a sentence, even from a childs book to her daughter. my question is, what can i do? is it best to just sit back, or should i visit. i dont want to exhuast her, but i also dont want to ignore her. also, how sick does she have to be before they take her daughter from the facility? if they do, will we be able to care for her? i am 20 years old and am quite able to care for her as i babysit often. would that option be given to me. the medical professionals at the facility wont discuss this with me as i am not her husband or medical power of attorney .

Good day, Im a mother of a 10 month old baby. My baby have never been sleeping trought the night, Im constantly awake, and is starting to feel so tired. Im so drained that it is starting to effect my mood. Im almost always depressed. And I think Ive got a hormone inbalnace as well, one day Im ok, other days Im not. Me and my husband have not been going out at all, there is no time to spent with eachother, and this has a effect on my marriage as well. I never suffered form post natal depression. And had a wondeful pregnancy, just dont feel like myself anymore, my husband recently were diagnosed with epilepsy, and this also had a effect on us, he needs a good nights rest every night, and cant really always help me with baby. Sometimes it feels like Im there for all the work and no play! Do I need a anti depressant?