Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

I ruptured my achilles tendon, what should i do ?

I believe that i ruptured my achilles tendon . I can not rase up on to my toes while barring weight on it. I can move my foot in all directions but my calf muscle does not fire at all. My ? is I m on vacation out of town an will not be returning home for four days is there any medical concern with waiting until i get home to see a ortho?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  237
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
For this you should take pain-killer & serratipeptidase, Walk on heels , Do otrun or stand for ong time coz it may lead to retraction of ruptured tendoachillis. Consult orthosurgeon & take treaetment accordingly
Answered: Mon, 3 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor