I have severe swelling on my toe after a bite from what I am fairly certain was an ant (possibly a spider but most likely ant). My entire to plus some of my foot above the first joint is swollen, red, itchy. There isa small white dot on my toe, and around that is some really dark red almost purple discoloration.
I'm going to the urgent care tomorrow morning, but what should I expect them to prescribe for me? Is something like a z pack of methylprednisone a good choice for dealing with this?
Some background, this is the same foot & toe which got frostbitten 20 years ago. I suffered permanent nerve damage and had to go through months of treatment to save my toe. So I'm concerned that this toe isn't as resilient as it should be and am worried about necrosis after seeing some images online. I want to aggressively treat this severe allergic reaction. Additional background, a few years before the frostbite incident, I had full blown anaphylaxis froma bee sting. It took several shots of epinephrine/adrenaline to bring me back from the edge of death. My whole face was swollen, so much so it closed my eyes, I'm lucky my mother got me to the emergency center before my trachea closed. I've had to carry an epipen ever since, and spent about 4 years going through desensitization shots for bee & wasp venom.
So what drugs should I anticipate taking to deal with this current allergic reaction?