Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

I have pain in the center of my foot. any treatment for this

I have pain in the center of my foot. it will not hurt when i press it. it will pain only when walking and standing. the doc injected steroid also into my foot to bring down the pain. heat therapy , ice therapy and even IR therapy also over the pain is still there. they are telling to put a night splint. it is costly and mu insurance will not pay for the splint. how do I proceed now. Is there any alternative to the splint devise
Sat, 26 Mar 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
My mother also used to get severe pain in her feet. We saw many docotrs they used to give painkillers, the pain used to be less till she take tablets and the pain used to come back. One doctor gave her steroid injection to her feet, fromt that time her pain is decreased
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Vikas Dwivedi's  Response
welcome to health care magic
your prob. is already diagnosed as a plantar fasciitis
which occurs due to the shortening of fascia.

first of all u hv to change ur foot wear , and then go for vigrous stretches followed by taping of the fascia....... and then u hv to use a cushion heel in ur shoe to provide the optimum effect.
for taping u hv to meet a physio who is expert in taping .
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
there are special slippers and boots available in medical shops for plantar fascitis. its good to use that instead of normal slippers.
  User's Response

Discuss this splint issue with your doctor. He will be in a better position to suggest alternative as he knows your condition thoroughly.

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor