Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

I have lump near tailbone. Do i need to worry ?

Hi, I have a small pea sized hard lump at the top of my bum crack . The lump itself doesn t hurt all the time, mostly just feels like my tail bone is bruised but can become so painful and uncomfortable that I can t even sit sometimes. The pain and uncomfortable part has been going on for about a year now. But i just noticed the lump a couple months ago. From when I found it, the lump hasn t changed size at all, but is always there pain or not. What is this lump?
Mon, 18 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hi,Many people have such type of lumps, mostly These lumps are Lypoma .Lypoma is tumoer of Fat.It is almost harmless & non cancerous.Lypoma may be painful or painless.If u want diagnose it then u should go for F.N.A.C of this lump in pathology. or If u r tumour is very painful then u should go to consult nearest General Surgeon. Otherwise leave it as it is. It will be harmless.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor