Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

I have had re-occurring, painful pea-sized or smaller lumps inside my anal area

I have this issue that I am embarrassed to go to the Dr. with... It goes like this..... I am a 39 year old female who has never been pregnant . No history of medical issues and have regular, normal BM s. Yet, over the last year, I have had re-occurring, painful pea-sized or smaller lumps inside my anal area. They do not bleed and even though very small, the pain is quite severe at times. Eventually it will go away altogether, but then re-occur again in either the same spot or sometimes even in a different location, still right inside the anus. Any idea what this could be? Thank you for your time as it is very much appreciated....
Asked On : Wed, 26 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  366
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Welcome to healthcare magic forum
The description suggest that you are suffering from PILES / HEMORRHOIDS. The veins in and around your anus have become swollen. They may cause pain, bleeding , diffculty in passing stool , discomfort in walking/sitting etc.
Since its not severe, some life style changes and dietary modifications will be enough. If it worses surgery is indicated.
You may seek help of a homoeopath for this.

Meanwhile avoiding contipation by taking plenty of water (preferably hot water), fluids, whole grains, lots of salads & fruits will help .

I would suggest you to visit a doctor , keeping aside the embrassment, to confirm the diagnosis and rule out any thing els.
Answered: Wed, 26 Jan 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor