Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

I have been experiencing thuds in my chest like a hiccup sort of speak from 14 months, should i be worried ?

hi there... for the past 14 month i have been experiencing thuds in my chest like a hiccup sort of speak but over the last 7 days these have come some intense it is really scary..i had to call an ambulance 6 days ago because these funny feeloings in my chest were happening every 10 seconds and still are to this day. when i arrived at the hospital they had the monitors on me for some 5 hours and picked up every irregular beat...i was told i am getting an extra beat from the bottom chamber of my heart but i was told not to worry about it...easy for them to say.. but anyhows i was sent home with no medication or nothing...i am really scared and need to know if what i am experiencing is dangerous .....i am really sick of my life at the is having a great effect on my life.....i am only this normal or will i have to have further follow ups....i was told that it is very common but most people dont feel what is happening but i am one of the ones that can feel i just unlucky...will i just have to put up with this untill they eventually go away or am i stuck with this for life and is it best i get used to it....please help
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

Hi Diala..,The above signs and symptoms are suggestive of Ventricular Ectopics... This is caused due to ectopic impulse generated from the heart.., its seen in few patients , presents with palpitation., some times Breathless, .. you must get clinically evaluated and treated.. consult a cardiologist..
Hope I have answered your question..

Answered: Fri, 22 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor