I have a chest discomfort maybe a slight tightness for a couple of weeks

Over the last couple of weeks i ve started getting chest/ heart problems which are stopping me sleeping. My heart seems to twinge or jump sometimes which is very disconcerting. I get hardly any pain though, maybe a slight tightness. I m sometimes aware of it beating too. Why is my heart/chest twinging and jumping ? Its now early saturday morning where i am in the UK. should i wait till monday ?. I can t sleep now because of them.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Well, if you can't sleep because of them...go to the hospital. I know I've gotten these before (minus pain) but they never kept me awake. Mine are very random and can happen every day for 3 days, or once in a day and not again for another 3 months. I think mine have something to do with hormones because I used to get them more when I was pregnant. I asked my OB about them at the time and she said it was normal. I forgot what it was called though. But if it is keeping you awake, go to the hospital. Better to be safe than sorry. That's what the docs are there for anyways. Even if it's nothing, it will put you at ease. Good luck.