Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

191 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have a Problem in voice, Pls help me

Hi, I'm 24 yrs, unmarried male. Actaully my voice will be like female voice. It becomes a major problem once we started for searching allaince. I went for Sppech therapay for almost two months, but there was no change. Could anyone advice me to how to come out of this problem? Is there any specific Operational treatment for this. If so how much it costs approximately.. Any other way to change my voice ? Pls help me.. Thanks, Vivek.
Wed, 25 Nov 2009
Report Abuse
  User's Response
's  Response

This condition is known as Puberphonia. One of the treatment options is Thyroplasty, which will be upwards of 50k (private room).

  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

You can go to a speech therapist. Voice training would be given.

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I feel as something (like a little hard vain) is growing inside my lips (left joint of lips). I am also facing persistent problem of hoarseness since last four months. By profession Im an assistant professor and deliver lectures in long session (up to 6 hours). I have consulted many doctors (3 ENT, 1 neurologist, 1 cancer specialist, 1 dentist). All say that i don t have any serious problem. But I m feeling numbness at left side of my head and face specially my left ear. They advised me to take voice rest. I did it for a couple of months but could not observe any remarkable recovery. They recommend some medicines and I m regularly taking the medicines. My ENT said that numbness is due to my left wisdom tooth. But, I don t feel any pain in wisdom tooth, even it neither is decayed nor have a cavity. My dentist says numbness is not due to my wisdom tooth. Neurologist says (After MRI and CT Scan) that I m not having any tumor that may cause the problem. But problem is there. I m feeling serious numbness, my left ear is swelled and red, my voice is too much hoarse and I feel too much dizziness specially in mornings. Please help me and advise me what to do.

doctor1 MD

Hi,my voice is like a girl how to solve this problem

doctor1 MD

I am having voice problems for over four weeks now, cannot reach a simple pitch therefore cannot sing at all. Have gone through a course of antibiotics, a set of steroids with no improvement at all. My voice cracks and can speak barely at half my normal volume. Have I lost my voice permanently? Any chance of getting it back? I have been singing from age 4 and now I am 62 years old. This is killing me emotionally. Please help. BTW, I have been to ENT. I don t have upper respiratory problems.