Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

I have 0.5cm gap between upper row of teeth, What should I do ?

I have 0.5cm gap in the upper row of teeth top two teeths, I don't know what it is called. the side teeth was lost some 9 yrs back. What should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jan 2010
Answers:  5 Views:  650
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
they are called incisors. The problem could also be due to gum problems. u shud see either a prosthodontist and/ or an orthodontist,...will help u align ur teeth. U will have to spare time for dental treatment as it is never a ons shot treatment
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, the gap is due to shifting of incisors into the space that was created due to the loss of side teeth. Please get the lost teeth replaced first to prevent further shifting of the incisors. You can go for a fixed partial denture or a bridge. Thereafter you can go for a composite restoration to close the gap. Hope this helps you. Take care!
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
if the space was created after you lost your teeth near front teeth, then probably your teeth should have migrated. you can now get a suggestion from a orthodontist and get back your alignment. the missing tooth can also be replaced. take care . happy smile.!!
Answered: Mon, 25 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
if the gap was there before you lost ur teeth then its known as diastema! But if it has been created after u lost ur tooth then its cause of drifting/migration of ur teeth...
so better get ur missing tooth replaced by getting a bridge done and get the gap filled by composite restoration!
take care....
Answered: Mon, 25 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

Best is to get a orthodontic examoination done. See if they can reduce the space by giving you prosthesis to correct that.

Answered: Fri, 8 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor