Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

I am trying to conceive, can metphormine help me ?

Dear doctor I am 28 years married girl i have been completed 3.5 years of marriage and i am trying to conceive for last one year but i am getting failed my husband seman report is right and my gynocologist asked me to do folicular test and HSG test in both tests are no problem but my LH and FSH are very low thats why my period also getting late for 15 days or one month also i am not getting conceive she (doctor) suggest me to take metphormine (glasifase SR 500mg Diane 35 and Thyronorm25mcg) Is it beneficial for me and can i conceive after this treatment or any other medicine for increasing my LH FSH. Please suggest as soon as possible
Asked On : Tue, 9 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  341
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dr.Khaleel . India ,Mob - 9902596161 ,

n women, LH and FSH levels can help to differentiate between primary ovarian failure (failure of the ovaries themselves or lack of ovarian development) and secondary ovarian failure (failure of the ovaries due to disorders of either the pituitary or the hypothalamus). Increased levels of LH and FSH are seen in primary ovarian failure.

Low levels of LH and FSH are seen in secondary ovarian failure and indicate a problem with the pituitary or hypothalamus.

consult an andrologist .
Answered: Sun, 22 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor