Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

132 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I am concerned about my son. His father had schizo

I am concerned about my son. His father had schizo affective disorder and committed suicide last year. Before this happened my son aged 28 was diagnosed with anxiety disorder. He is unable to hold down a job, disorganised and erratic. He is supposed to take medication but again he might take one day and not the next. He has also been quite nasty to me recently via constant text messages. I am worried there is a more deep rooted problem. However he refuses to get a formal diagnosis. His life is going nowhere and constantly blames me for bad advice even though i have always tried to advise on a practical level. Just very worried and problem been going on since he left university around 4 years ago.
Thu, 3 Mar 2016
Report Abuse
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello doc, My brother age-24 yrs,did his gradution from punjab patiala,post graduation from australia.Due to sudden death of my mother 8 mths back,We had to call him back from australia for taking care of our father and his business as we sisters are married and settled in our life. My brother is very religious ,teetotaller, non smoker and very caring person.However when it comes to business,he doesnt treat and speak our father properly .he holds every time our father responsible if anyting goes wrong in bussiness.Please advice how should we deal in the matter.

doctor1 MD

I am looking for a doctor or therapist that can work with a father and son that have relationship problems. They work in business together and really need a third party to listen to their concerns about how they deal with each other on a daily basis. I am not sure if they need a therapist or a psychiatrist. The son is also dealing with alcoholism (denied to be a part of the problem) and the father thinks the son has anger issues (sure he is not provoking the negative behavior). This has been going on for a while, escalating, and they have both agreed to consultation. I am looking for a doctor that works in Anthem network.

doctor1 MD

My son was tackled by another child and hit his shin on the cement curb. His knee and leg down to his foot is very painful. There is no swelling but he can t straighten his leg and can not put any weight on it. Besides a sprain what else could it be? There is no redness or heat in the areas either. Thx!

Loading Online Doctors....