Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, Is dis a deadly disease?

a person who is very close to me has dis diesease.will i loose him??? y is it only for athletes?? itz important.plzzzz respond.....plzzzzzzz nd plzzzzzzzzz.......pray 4 his long life...thank u.....
Sun, 20 Dec 2009
's  Response
yes it can be deadly, hypertrphy cause a disminution in the perfussion of cardiomyocites (heart cells) cause there's more tissue and the same blood vessels, and this could cause ischemia.- the athletes hypertophy isn't the most common type, hypertension and aortic stenosis are, and those are more serious.- but if the patient is caught on time,and the treatment works the life prognosis is good.- hope he/she gets better.- :)