How to treat seafood allergy?

Hello The other day I had prawns to eat in a restaurant and there was too much sauce on them and they tasted really soft and weird. Later that night I started wheezing badly and I couldn t breathe My asthma inhaled did absolutely nothing to help clear it I was so frighten and lady most of the night Was this a allergic reaction to the prawns
Thu, 31 Aug 2017
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
The symptoms you describe certainly sound like an allergy to prawns. If you were my patient I would tell you to avoid prawns at all times, read labels to assure there are no such ingredients and certainly mention it the next time you see your physician so he can note it in your chart. Since the reaction was so severe, the doctor may have to do an inhalation treatment of corticosteroids to relieve the symptoms and you may also need an epinephrine pen to carry in case you are accidentally exposes - say as an ingredient in a combination dish at a restaurant.

Regards/Best Wishes, Kathy Shattler, MS, RDN