Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
193 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How to treat perforated eardrum?

Hi I was diagnosed with a perforated eardrum by my regular doctor and he looked at my ear through the otoscope and said my whole eardrum is completely blown and that I will probably need a small surgery. He is sending me to the ENT specialist but he said they would contact me in a week or two. I m a little concerned because since the appt I have now been experiencing a bad headache. I don t know if it s something that could what to talk to the ENT about or do I need to call my Dr? Please let me know of any advice or info you may have. Thankyou
Tue, 7 Oct 2014
Report Abuse
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Meeting an ENT doctor is the correct advice and he will be in the best position to help you ,so please met him, he will examine you and guide you further.A large ear perforation is unlikely to heal by itself and will definitely need surgical management. Please dont worry as this is a very small procedure , and you will be fine after it.

Take care!
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi, my father who is 61 year old, is now facing little hearing problem, doctor reports said that there is hole in eardrums and its to be operated,...