• question-icon

How to treat headache?

I am 19 years old and have been headaches for almost a year now. The pain doesn t stop, some days it hurts less, some days more. I was put on migraine medicine and all it did was inflame my joints and make the headache pain worse. Just recently, last week, I was showering and discovered a small depression in the top of my head. There s severe pain around the indent but no pain inside the indent. Other issues I tend to have include: Tunnel vision, dizziness and sensitivity to light.
Fri, 29 Nov 2019
Hi.

I've gone through your query. I can understand your anxiety.

Your symptoms might be due to Migraine with Aura (eye symptoms) / Cluster Headaches.

I advice you to,
- Take Triptans as subcutaneous injections 4mg
- steroids like Tab. Prednisolone 40mg/day & tapered off in 3-4 weeks
- have oxygen inhalation at the rate of 8-10litres /min
- avoid factors that triggers your headache
-YOGA, Neck massage & exercises
- Periodic examination of eyes by ophthalmologist-- CT scan if needed

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Get well soon.

Dr. Yogapriya V, General and family physician.