Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
123 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How to treat ear pain caused due to electric shock from ear phones?

Hi, i had my earphones that came with my cell phone in my ears as i was in the middle of phone conversation. Then all of a sudden i got an electrical shock in my ears from them. I pulled them out i could see the electricity. My ears now hurt especially my right one and my head hurts as well now right ear feels as tho there is a bit of liquid in it i just kinda gently put qtip to see and black came out on my qtip frm my ear. Could this have caused damage? Should i go to my dr.s or walkin clinic?
Mon, 11 Feb 2019
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

You should get yourself checked by an ENT as soon as possible as there is a chance that you have recieved some kind of injury in side your ear. It may also lead to hearing loss if not treated properly.

Please refrain from putting anything inside your ear as it may lead to infection.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Nazma.amman, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I m a 64 yr old female with symptoms on my right side of my head that i cannot identify. Seems to be happening daily, several times. Seems to be...