How to treat chronic hepatitis b with bloating and stomach growling?

Hi! I have chronic hepatitis b, and I don't have any symptoms and do not take any medications. But since last week I've feeling bloated, my stomach is growling constantly , and I feel full. I going to see my doctor tomorrow, but I just need to know if this is something to worry about? Thank you.
Thu, 31 Dec 2015
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello

Thanks for asking query on HCM. As you have mentioned you are suffering from chronic hepatitis B and not on antivirals, but you have not given details of your liver function tests or viral load. Your description of recent symptoms could be due to two main reasons - fluid in the abdomen or due to dyspepsia/flatulence problems. So you would require atleast ultrasound of the abdomen to rule out chronic liver disease/ascites along with LFT. If normal it could be becauses of dyspepsia for which treatment is simple.