How to relieve pain from Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator Surgery?

My dad recently had the surgery and now the area is swollen. He s claiming severe pain, and he s been to the hospital twice, since the surgery was done 3 weeks ago, but he s still feeling pain. It was swelling but the swelling burst? What do you recommend I do? Serious answers only please Sources will also be appreciated with any medical advice he just came back this afternoon, after going this morning. it s a really good hospital but do you recommend that I take him to another one?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
He needs to contact his surgeon urgently. I would assume that cultures have been taken -etc.. but don't know. What is happening to him is not right and could be dangerous. I developed a staph infection when I had bypass surgery and the medical people all but panicked. It's hard for me to fathom that an ER did not look at this very closely.