How to heal the bruised ear drum?

I have tinnitus since 1989, and recently at a home a baby that was sitting to my right, made two high-pitched screams, that the Ear, Nose, & Throat Specialist said bruised my right ear eardrum. The right still feels like it is stuffed. The Specialist has given me prednisone and ear drops, and tells me that it will take time to heal. Can taking Ginkgo Biloba help speed the healing? Or what else do you you recommend?
Mon, 1 Sep 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello

There are not many medicines available for speeding the healing , but yes , ginkgo biloba may help and i would like you to take it , please continue the prednisone and ear drops. It generally takes 10-14 days for the healing to occur. please keep the ear dry as water will delay healing.

Take care!