How to get rid of suicidal thoughts?

My friend have problem I don t no his problem I thought he has a love & study he also don t know. He was also very brillent this is why I say bcz he got 91% in high school from up board he say sometime I want succide.....n really sir please save my friend life....
Wed, 15 Sep 2021

Its good to know that your friend has scored excellent marks in high school. Not many get such high marks, he should be happy about it. He is suggested to stay away from stress, negative people and engage himself in things other than studies like music, painting, singing, some other hobby he has always wanted to pursue. He should mix up with friends and relatives.

Wrong thoughts coming in the mind are signs of temporary stress and the feeling of running out of options. They might last only a few seconds. No decision should be taken in haste, life is beautiful and there are many options available. Never misuse alcohol and other drugs. Breakup's are a part of life, it hurts but should be taken in a matured way. Feeling of hopeless or despairing my come but will go away with time.

He should take quality sleep, at least 8 hours for complete relaxation. In adequate sleep leads to wrong thoughts. He should do stretch exercise, regular morning and evening walks. Avoid sleeping in the afternoon so that he can get quality sleep at night. He should avoid doing any work or studies in any type of electronic device 4-5 hours before going to sleep. He should listen to some good music or just relax.

He should avoid any negative thought and stay cheerful. He should avoid being anxious, angry and stay away from depression. He should try to stay happy & learn to stop thinking about unpleasant events, rejection, should make new friends & not stay socially isolated There are time when we all need to ignore social difficulties, academic pressures as they lead to unnecessary build up of stress and negativity.

We all have one life & should enjoy it. Life is not a bed of roses, we have to learn to sometimes enjoy the roller coaster ride. It is also an experience of its own kind. It makes us hardy and tough. Your friend is suggested to spend more time outdoors, enjoy nature than sit back home. He can consult a Counselor or a Psychiatrist if needed.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician