Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
170 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How to get rid of skin tag on inside part of cheek?

I have what seems to be a skin tag on the inside part of my cheek,but it's settled in the corner of the back of my mouth so it's sitting right between where my wisdom teeth would be..when I sleep i keep my teeth locked together it's impossible for me to do due to this tag,is there anything I can do to get rid of it?
Mon, 24 Feb 2014
Report Abuse
General Surgeon 's  Response
HI ! Good afternoon. I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

If I were your doctor, I would refer you first to a Dentist to rule out any abnormality in your teeth occlusion and the mucosa of your cheek coming inbetween two teeth resulting in the mucosal tag. This will cause the tag to grow more and more due to repeated trauma. In that case the teeth has to be relocated or filed depending on the severity of the problem and once the occlusion problem is solved, either the tag will gradually reduce of its own, or it might have to be excised as an excisional biopsy.

I hope this information would help you in discussing with your family physician/treating doctor in planning your treatment. Thanks for using the health care magic forum for your query on health. Wishing you an early recovery. Dr Shareef.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, I seem to have what appears to me to be a skin tag on the inside of my cheek. It looks kind of like a pimple, but the reason it seems like a...