How should birth control pills be taken?

I m on birth control pills and I forgot to take it for a few days and I was spotting I took 2 pills and it stopped. Now my period is almost a week late. I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. I m supposed to start my new pack of pills today. Do I start the new pack or do I wait for my period to start
Wed, 28 Feb 2018

Spotting is common after stopping birth control pills. Dont worry just makes sure that you are not conceived during the period of nontake. You don't have to wait for the period to start. You can start the next regimen without worry.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu