How should Duphaston be taken to delay periods?

Dear Dr! How do I take Duphaston 10mg to delay period. My GP said 4days before next period, half tablet in morning and half tablet at night I have 12 pills, and do not want my period for 5 days. Is 1 Pil per day enough and is 4days before period suppose to start advisable i Thx A
Fri, 2 Mar 2018
Hello! Thanks for using HealthcareMagic!

Yes, the medication is normally started a few days before the period is due and continued for the length of time the person does not want the period. Normally 5 mg strength is used though some persons may use higher. Because 5 mg is the normal dose, your doctor has said to take 5 mg (half of the 10 mg strength).

Thank you for contacting us. Hope this clarifies your concerns.

Dr. Michelle Gibson James, General & Family Physician