How long does it take to recover from a sprained foot?

I sprained my foot on Friday. I stepped on what I thought was lawn. Instead I was a bit on the lawn, but the outside of my foot snapped down into a trough. My foot has been swollen since Friday. Today is Thursday. Kept ice on it for 24 hours. Bruising started after that, Now bruising is spreading. It is really dark on my toes. Pain is on outside of my foot, not on my ankle.
Wed, 22 Aug 2018

You have sustained twisting injury to foot which may lead to sprain or minor fracture in foot bones. Diagnosis needs to be confirmed by doing x-ray of the involved foot anteroposterior and oblique views to rule out bony abnormalities. If x-ray is normal RICE therapy is needed which means Rest Ice application Compression bandage and Limb Elevation. Tab Diclofenac sodium twice a day for pain relief and tab Chymoral forte twice a day for swelling reduction is required. If x-ray shows fracture Below knee slab may be given. If X-ray is abnormal please consult orthopedic surgeon nearby your area.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.