How long does a perforated eardrum take to get treated?

traumatic perforation from February month and still it didn t get recovered. No hearing problem as such.No infection. Is it ok to wait for the hole to recover or do i need to opt for surgery. I am not taking medicine anymore. I fell slight uneasiness in ear at a times. I also have vocal problem i don t realise it but generally people say that their is slight change in my voice
Mon, 21 Aug 2017
Well, it depends on the size and site of perforation. If it is small, then normal recovery would take within one to two weeks as the defect gets completely sealed. While if it's a wider defect, then it might be advisable to get a tympanoplasty. Since there is no infection at the moment, keep the ear clean and dry. And avoid blowing nose. There won't be any associated change of voice usually. But you might experience slight discomfort due to air pressure variation in your middle ear.
An ENT opinion might be useful
Thank you.