How long does Alka-Seltzer take to show effect?

Hi, I have had laryngitis for 3 days. I have been taking alka seltzer cold and cough around the clock. I also have some chest congestion and have coughed up some green/yellow stuff. I have also been gargling warm salt water on the hour for 3 DAYS. My question is how much longer should I wait before I seek additional help? I don t really feel bad, I have been very sleepy and I cannot talk at all.
Tue, 12 Feb 2019
Oncologist 's  Response

After the Alka-Seltzer tablet was added to the hot water the tablet should have quickly dissolved, taking some 20 to 30 seconds to do so, depending on the exact temperature.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Esmeralda Sera, Oncologist