Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

How is upper back and chest pain cured ?

I have this piercing upper back and chest pain which increases once am in a cold place. the pain is more on the left side - under my breast & direct opposite side on the upper back. I am 40 years old. I was treated with antibiotic - Augumentin for chest infection but the pain persisted. What can i do?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You have history of chest infection and it was treated with Augmentin.
But if you still have chest pain and piercing upper back pain- there are chances that infection is not yet cleared up completely.
May be infection is present in pleura i.e layer over the lung. If your chest pain increases on coughing, it also indicates pleuritis.
Check with your treating physician, doctor will find out if its pleuritis or underlying chest infection with X-ray and clinical examination.
Answered: Fri, 30 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor