Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

How is a knee injury treated ?

I slammed my knee into the corner of the dishwasher extremely hard a couple of weeks ago. I developed a horrible bruise but could walk on it fine for the next couple days. Then I started noticing it bothering me a little, so Ive been trying to take it easy with my usual walking. Now for the past 5 days i can hardly walk, putting any weight on that leg hurts like crazy, like my knee wants to give out on me.. it s excruciating. My knee cant seem to support any weight at all... especially when my leg is completely straight. What is wrong?
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  193
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It looks to me that you are suffering from knee ligament injury. I would recommend you to get MRI of knee joint to confirm the diagnosis. It will show us if there is internal damage to knee joint. You need to show to orthopedics surgeon after this. Till that time you can apply diclofenec ointment. Also apply compression bandage at knee joint so walking should not cause any more damage.
Answered: Sun, 23 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor