Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
183 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can urinary tract infection be treated?

hi doctors , i am male aged 29 having wieght of 80 kg with height of 5 feet 8 inches . since the last five years i am suffering from high intensity infection in urinary tract line . I had done semens analysis recently and come to know that puss cells are increased i.e. 10-12 / hpf and motality and morphology is low than normal ranges . I now have continous pain in joints and back . feel weakness and drizziness . extreme burning sensation some times in urine line and stool . had visited homeo pathic and herbal clinics quite a lot time . some foods also add up in my problem . unfortunately i am a smoker and smokes 15 ciggarettes / day . please advise in detail . thanks in advance
Tue, 20 Jun 2017
Report Abuse
General Surgeon 's  Response
Respected user , hi
Thanks for using
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* Management of recurrent urinary tract infection depend solely upon the
perfect diagnosis to evaluate the cause and then manage the case to cure
I doubt more of prostatitis in your case
though require confirmation with clinical examination , laboratory ,
radiology parameters
* Guidelines for better outcome
- plenty of liquids
- cranberry sachets once daily in glass of water , organic citrus fruits ,
chewable vitamin c supplements
- antibiotics only according to culture report only
- ultrasound examination is must ; diagnostic cystoscopy , uroflowmetry ,
CT IVP decisions depend upon clinician
- quit smoking totally
- avoid alcohol if using
- keep your blood sugar , BP , weight under control
- avoid all oily , spicy , non veg , chilly, non veg items
- avoid stress , anxiety
- avoid sex activities till recovery
- keep genitals clean , dry
- wear loose , dry , cotton under wears

Hope this clears your query .
Welcome for any further assistance .
Regards .
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My urine test report shows pus cells in high quantity, the doctor has said that i am suffering from urinary tract infection, the symptoms of my...