Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
126 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can severe body ache after an injury be treated?

On Jan 4th I took a nasty fall on the ice. On January 5th I took a trip to urgent care. They diagnosed me contusion of lower back and pelvis and contusion of part of the neck. I was prescribed Robaxin and Ibuprofen 800mg. I work in the healthcare field and prefer not to take my medicines when I know I have to work. At the urgent care visit they did not do and X ray since the pain was all over. Work has me on light duty. Yesterday I woke up with sever pain in my lower back and today I am having trouble standing up straight. Is this something that will work out over time? Or should I seek another dr visit? Today the pain is unbearable even after taking a pain pill.
Mon, 2 Jul 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

-Take inflammatory medication to relief the pain.You can use ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day
-drink liquids
-consume proteins

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

It hurts so much to do any physical exercise just going to the Drs. Office wipes me out for days after. I m overweight and movement is hard for me...