Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
178 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can redness and irritation in the buttocks be treated?

i have red irritation on the inside of my buttocks. i have tried different creams and calamine lotion but it won t go away. i don t have any outward signs of yeast infection but i did see that sometime that causes this. do i need to get otc yeast infection cream?
Mon, 26 Aug 2019
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Your symptoms seem to be related to a yeast infection. I suggest using anti fungal cream for local application such as Clotrimazole cream. I also suggest using Diflucan for three days. I recommend to maintain a good hygiene and wear breathable clothing.

Hope my answer was helpful. If you have further queries feel free to contact me again.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am having pain and redness in my eyes along with headaches , I think it is due to my pain itself.My doctor has prescribed me Broact and Mezol Eye...