Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

152 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can mania be treated ?

6 years ago we thought my uncle has menia so we consult in sir ganga ram hospital but now his condition become worst his maind as well as body stops working condition become worst day by day pls help us
Sun, 8 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Psychiatrist 's  Response
dear rini
going thrugh ur short note,the only thing which is understandable is that ur uncle is having a major psychiatric disorder.being a psychiatrist i wud suggest that u immediately take ur uncle to a psychiatrist for the correct diagnosis and starting of immediate treatment before its too late.for further queries,
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Dear Rini,
Welcome to HCM.
The right thing to do is consult a psychiatrist, who will have to evaluate your uncle's condition by taking history and physical examination and if he thinks medicines can be helpful he will prescribe them. See to it that he is given his medicines regularly as prescribed without fail and he should certainly improve.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hello sir, my name is saurabh gupta i m from vns. and, here i want to query u, for the case of my mother. she has a mentality of , extra washing ... or in medical terms, she has, washing mania ..! i and my other family members want her to be cured, but she refuses for her Psycho check up..! and, her problem is increasing per day.. \ thus , this cause is leading a mass family disputes...??

doctor1 MD

I am researching my health. I am bipolar and very manic, I am off a lot of my meds due to side effects. My mother has myotonia dystrophy, my question is can is, could I have inherited something from her which is causing bipolar like behavior and that s why I don t respond well to medication? Bare with me, its hard for me to explain things. Thank you milissa good

doctor1 MD

Yes, my sister is in an acute manic state: pressured speech, grandiosity, paranoia, inappropriate humor, out of touch with reality, etc. She just started on Divalproex, 250 mg. How long will it take to take effect. ??How fast can it be titrated up? What s the therapeutic dose for a 69 year old woman of 5 ft , 116 lbs?