Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
188 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can knee pain be treated?

I am 68 years old. I do not suffer with arthritis. I am in good health but am overweight by about 25 lbs. I have no knee pain when walking but my right knee makes a squishy sound and causes me pain when climbing stairs. Is it time to seek medical attention before it gets worse?
Fri, 30 Mar 2018
Report Abuse
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

A crunchy feeling while walking and pain during while walking suggestive of arthritis.

Please take x-ray of joint, if it shows reduced joint space, with sub articulate bone sclerosis, osteophyte formation then it is arthritis.

Please consult your orthopedician, he/she will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have left knee pain all of a sudden after sitting on the couch. It is difficult to walk or put weight on my knee. No injury to the knee. I did...