Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
170 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can irritation in the vagina be treated?

Hi. My 4 yr old daughter has had problems that her clitours vulua and around the vagina area are red irritated she screams when she pees and will not no one look at it. I have asked her ped doctor and she doesnt seem alarmed. Is there something more I should do?
Mon, 18 Jun 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Consult with gynecologist. It may be bacterial vaginitis. May apply Metrogyl vaginal gel (Pediatric). 3 times daily. But consult a gynecologist who can examine the site.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Usually I don t wear a tampon on the last day of my menstrual because the flow is light. But yesterday I forgot and when I removed the tampons that...