How can intermittent pain in the right shoulder be treated?

I ve had intermittent pain in my right shoulder - posterior, under the shoulder blade. It has resolved itself w/out treatment. In the past few days the pain - sharp, not achy - has gotten worse. It does not seem to be related to eating or even exertion. Massage seems to help a little.
Thu, 12 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

1.degenerative disc disease, or a herniated or bulging disc in the spine
2.scoliosis
3.osteoarthritis in the joints around your neck, spine, or ribs
4.spinal stenosis, or a narrowing of your spinal cord
5.acid reflux
6.fibromyalgia
7.shingles
8.myofascial pain syndrome
9.certain cancers, such as lung cancer, lymphomas, liver cancer, esophageal cancer, mesothelioma, and cancers that spread to bones
nerve compression
10.gallstone, which is often accompanied by nausea and pain in the upper right part of your abdomen.

Use pain killers, cold compression back support pillows.

If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.