How can ingrown hair on the chin be removed?

I am a 64 year old female that have had very bad problems with ingrown hairs under my chin which has caused me to have bumps and discolored skin under my chin as well. What can I do to get rid of the hairs and bumps? I have had the hairs threaded to remove them, also waxed but they come back and the bumps also.
Thu, 20 Sep 2018
Dentist 's  Response

Well, ingrown hair can occur to anyone but are common in individuals with curly hairs.

They commonly go away on its own but in case if they continue to be troublesome then you can follow a few remedies to reduce their recurrence like:
-Use a face scrub to regularly and gently scrub the area.
-Always shave the hairs in the direction of growth.
-Always soak a washcloth in warm water and do warm compresses over the skin before shaving.
-You should leave a bit of the hair if possible and do not shave close to the skin.
-If you thread it or use wax use it in the same direction as the growing hair.
-Do cool compresses after hair removal.
-You can also go for permanent hair removal techniques like laser treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Honey Arora,
Dentist