Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can indigestion be treated?

I have indigestion like symptoms every now and then but early in eating rather than after. Like a twisting of oesophagus . Sometimes associated with eating rice. Very painful and alleviated primarily if can burp it out . 54 yrs woman otherwise excellent health
Thu, 1 Mar 2018
Report Abuse
OBGYN 's  Response

First of all, do not panic. I will suggest you get vitamin B 12 levels checked, also get a clinical examination done to know about Thyroid gland status. Also, a oesophageal and gastroscopy can be done to know about any structural pathology in the esophagus.

Please start on Folic acid and vitamin B 12 supplements regularly. Opt for a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen. Avoid refined sugars and deep-fried foods and bakery products in the diet.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

 Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My son is suffering from indigestion, he has not had anything for the past 2 days, his appetite seems to be very bad, also he has slight cold, my...