How can high fever be treated?

What should I do my son is running a fever of 104.6 an can t breathe good sick as a dog I got him in the er by mY house an they said there running a blood test an a swab test If nothing comes back there going to let him go back home I m scared if we go home an we go to sleep his fever would go to 109 what should I do
Sat, 25 Aug 2018

It can be viral upper respiratory tract infection. For that symptomatic management can be done. For fever antipyretic syrup can be prescribed. You have to monitor fever at two hour with thermometer. If no improvement then blood test and throat swab can be taken for further work up. I suggest you consult pediatrician for physical examination.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.