Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
180 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can elevated blood pressure levels be treated?

my blood pressure has been getting higher and my family doctor hasn t been able to give me anything that doesn t affect my kidney.My kidney doctor has me on two new pills bystolic 10 mg 2 a day and 2 aday of nifedipineer 30 mg and taken away metoprolol er 200 mg,hydralazine 10 mg and amlodipine 10 mg.The new pills brings it down at 8am at 170 to 130 by noon also I take isosorbide 3 times a day after 5pm it goes back up to 165 so I take clonidine until the next morning.
Fri, 13 Apr 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

In any disease, if you know the cause treat it and it will go away. As in case if we have a cause which leads to hypertension we can treat it and you will get better. But primary hypertension where the cause is unknown we have to treat empirically. For hypertension, so many modalities are there as you mentioned. You should take medicine which is suitable to your body and improve your condition. If you are worried about the kidney, you can use angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitor or angiotensin receptor blockers and sympatholytic like clonidine for control blood pressure.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Bhadresh Lakhani
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have both hypertension and hypotension. I am seeing a Cardiologist, but have not yet had any additional testing. I have Tortuosity in both sides,...