How can diarrhea in an infant while on Azithromycin and Calpol be treated?

My daughter is having fever since last 3days dr has given Cifixime antibiotic with calpol syrup.still she is having fever now dr.has changed the antibiotic n given her Azithromycin along with calpol. Now my daughter is having diarrhoea.what should I do.she is 10 months old
Fri, 8 Jun 2018
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Fever of few days without any localizing signs could as well a viral illness. Usually rather than fever, what is more important is the activity of the child, in between two fever episodes on the same day. If the kid is active and playing around when there is no fever, then it is probably viral illness and it doesn't require antibiotics at all. Once viral fever comes, it will there for 4-7 days. So do not worry about duration if the kid is active. Now I think the kid has landed in antibiotic associated diarrhea due to two antibiotics.

I suggest that she will be Saccharomyces boulardii probiotic.

Best regards.