How can diarrhea be treated?

i am taking clindamycin, having very loose stools, can t trust a fart! Will taking probiotics, prebiotics or YOGURT help? i ve been doing a bit of a BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Apple,Toast) can you tell me what would help and why it would help. thank you Marybeth
Fri, 8 Dec 2017
Thanks fir the query.
Your loose motions seem to be following the destruction of normal Intestinal flora following antibiotic course.
Please try sufficient liquid intake (hydration)&add probiotic in form ofsacchromyces boulardi (pre pro satches)over the counter twice a day.Keep taking low residual diet as you are akready having.
The symptoms would regress in a couple of days ...if not/if the symptoms aggravate or if there are signs of dehydration consult a physician./ER
Thanks.