How can dementia be treated?

We have a 90 year old Aunt. She is showing signs of dimentia. She has been very mobile, but lately it takes her a long time to get up from the table or commode or bed when she wants to get up. It s like she s thinking about it but can t do it. Could this possibly be related to the dimentia? We thought she might have an UTI or dehydrated and took her to the doctor today but they said she does not have an UTI & she was not dehydrated. Any ideas?
Mon, 2 Apr 2018

Dementia in its late stages can cause weakness of the muscles. Also, arthritis is common in 90-year-olds. Ask her doctor if physical therapy might help her to regain some strength so that she is more able to get up and down.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Kathy Robinson