How can cough and pressure in the chest be treated?

Hello. I just woke up out of sleeping from coughing really hard. My chest feels very tight. I can breathe but it’s also difficult at the same time. Similar to how I felt when I found out I had asthma for the first time and bronchitis on top of it. What do I do?
Wed, 13 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* As per the description of the symptoms, this sounds to be bronchial infection of some sort.

* My recommendations for best outcome:
- Immediate relief with inhalation of vapors of boiled water with blanket over the head.
- Prefer semi reclining position.
- Walk in fresh air after some primary relief.
- Avoid exposure to dust, polluted air.
- According to the progress of the condition, consult your doctor.

Wish you fine recovery.