How can chronic PUPPP rashes on the abdomen, arms and legs be treated?

Hi. I am 34 weeks pregnant and suffering from severe PUPPP rash for a week now. It started as red bumps on the lower part of my belly where my stretch marks are at. And in days blew up to full blown PUPPPs. I have it all over my arms and legs. The itching keeps me up all night. I have no known allergies prior pregnancy except for rare occasions of hives but my last encounter with hives was 5 years ago and will usually go away with about a week of citirizine. Back to my PUPPPs... Topical creams for rashes such as calmoseptine does nothing for me. I was prescribed a hydrocortisone cream but it did nothing as well. Then Allerzet was given and still does not work. Now my Obgyne has prescribed me Celestamine at 2 tabs per day for 10 days or until our next appointment. I understand this has a steroid component, which the doctor said was the only thing that can relieve me from my itch. A full adult dose is 6-8 tabs per day. I was wondering if taking Celestamine at my dose (2tabs per day) is safe for my baby at this stage in pregnancy. This is my first and yes, I need relief from the rashes too as it hinders me from rest and functioning at work. Thanks
Sat, 4 Aug 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Clemastine can be prescribed during pregnancy. If you do not get relief from Clemastine. You could your Loratidine tablet after consulting with your Dermatologist/Obstetrician.
As you do not get any improvement with hydrocortisone, you could use Desonide cream after consulting with your Dermatologist. You can use Calamine lotion twice daily extensively over abdomen without prescription which also relives itch.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.